It is very nice to see fellow drama bloggers coming together to form a community to discuss our little secret of Asian drama watching/passion of writing. Though I am new to drama blogging, I am honored to be chosen for THE SUNSHINE AWARD. I would love to thank Jaime The Drama Noona for nominating me for this award. 🙂 Thanks Noona, you are the best. 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
My Response from TheDramaNoona:
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING?
Originally, I started blogging 7 years ago. However, I got really occupied with school and work, I decided to stop blogging and focus on what I needed to focus on. In 2009, I was introduced to the KOREAN world of dramas, variety shows and music. But it was the beginning of this year that I finally decided to blog again because I need to find a hobby (school out!! 🙂 ). So I began writing again, first with my travel food blog (love to eat), but later expanded on my secret addiction (I don’t need therapy) 🙂 As a Nigerian, I want to remove that stigma of Africans being looked at weird just because we watch shows or listen to music that is different from the norm. Hence, aigooyobo.
HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH CONTENT FOR YOUR BLOG?
I came up with the idea of focusing on one aspect of my blog which is recapping/reviewing dramas that I am currently watching and that is hardly recapped by other drama bloggers. Before I start recapping, I watch a drama till the sixth episode. If the drama catches my interest, then I recap. If not, oh well. The content for my blog is when I know that I will see a show till the end. I like to finish what I start.
WHAT ARE SOME BLOGS THAT YOU LOOK UP TO AND ADMIRE?
I mostly enjoy all blogs that focus on what I enjoy and “obsessively” love. HEHE. I look at blogs that captures my interest and bloggers whose work challenges my drama-watching thoughts (it is a thing). Fellow bloggers who are in love with an actor/drama/music/love the latest gossip and is willing to be objective at the same time. They are fun to read. 🙂
WHAT GENRES OF DRAMAS DO YOU FEEL THE MOST DRAWN TO?
I am drawn to romantic comedies, suspense, actions and romance. Life is almost, always takes itself to serious. So watching these genres of dramas is an escape and release from real life. Sad! right!! 😥 But that doesn’t mean that those are the only ones I watch. I watch what is out there as long as the plot is good and doesn’t go off the deep end. There are some rom-coms that become wtf-com before it reaches the second half of the drama (the noble idiot, angst, stupidity, amnesic, birth secret) half. Oh dramas!!!!
WHEN YOU AREN’T WATCHING ASIAN DRAMAS, WHAT TYPES OF SHOWS ARE YOU WATCHING?
Oh, don’t get me started. So I won’t go there. 🙂 I watch some periodic shows on BBC and PBS as well as some past and current American shows and reality shows. Also, Nigerian/Ghanaian shows. Alright, Im’ma go there. So here is a list. Hopefully, not too long. I don’t y’all to think I don’t have a life. 😥 I record my shows and watch them at night. 🙂
American Shows that I watch (old and new) and some anticipated new shows!!!
- Sunday’s Best
- Blackish (Sept 23rd)
- Scandal (Can’t WAIT FOR THIS NEW SEASON…SEPT 24TH….lil’ promo here)
- Sleepy Hollow
- Covert Affairs
- Under the Dome (don’t ask me why I haven’t dropped this show that is badly written story line wise)
- Big Bang Theory
- Once Upon a Time
- The Singles Project
- Below Deck
- The Jeffersons
- Downton Abbey
- Mr. Selfridge
- Father Brown
- BBC America
- The Musketeers
- Gulder Ultimate Search (Survival game-like Survivors) durr!!!
- Gidi Up (Four friends living in a city in Nigeria, Lagos, in pursuit of success in their personal and professional lives)
- An African City (web series about five single women living in Accra, Ghana–like “Sex and the City” meet Africa)
- MTV Shuga (Bittersweet tale of love, betrayal, sex and friendship)
WHO IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE CHARACTER FROM A DRAMA THAT YOU’VE WATCHED?
Oh, this is a toughy. I really don’t know how to answer this. But, who I think will come close will be LEE SOO HYUK. He is my new oogle. After seeing him in “High School, King of Savvy,” I am like where has he been. His deeply, sultry voice, pointy ears, eyes that looks deep into my soul (he is mine, peeps) and that physique…whowwww….I am shallow. So what? 🙂 Yea, I am keeping an eye out for his work.
- What is your favorite drama and actor?
- Who or what made you enter the world of watching Asian dramas?
- If there is one place you would like to live where would that be?
- If you were given a chance to act in a drama, what drama would that be? Why?
- Is there a new change in your life now that you are an Asian dramas lover?
- If you could be a superhero, what power would you like to possess?
HERE ARE MY NOMINEES